Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 23

    Land's End, England

    September 11, 2017 in England ⋅ 🌬 14 °C

    The day started out with rain and wind, not looking good for our trip to Land's End, the furtherest village South in England. After 2 hrs 45 mins driving we arrived at Land's End to blue skies but very windy. How lucky we were. Had a great time walking along the cliff edges trying not to get blown away. Surprised at the photos we did get considering the wind and sea mist.
    We drove back along the coastline along some very narrow roads lined with rock walls covered in blackberries, hardly room for one car let alone passing room and then a double decker bus is heading towards you. What the ..... Finally we arrived at St Ives. We drove through the town centre taking turns in streets that had signs stating for small vehicles and motor bikes only. Again I found my way going up streets that look like dead ends only to have a car turn into the street and hope to pass me. Some laughs had at the impossible situations we ended up in, thankfully we made it through. I did a quick run down the many steps for photos of St Ives at low tide. The tide retreats so much that the entire harbour is high and dry. Would love to spend more time wandering along the coastline and taking some time out in St Ives. Maybe next visit.
    Read more