Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Chilling in Galaxy's Edge

    January 29, 2020 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 72 °F

    Checking out all the cool details.

    This area has a lot of potential and hopefully it will eventually live up to its expectations.

    When it first opened, the idea was that the various "Cast Members" would interact with the people in the park, and be fed information like how people did on the Falcon ride, giving them kudos or razzing them depending on how they did (the ride gives you a score). I think they got lulled a bit thinking that the area wasn't super popular.

    What happened was, they have two rides there. They opened the Falcon ride first, and it was a fair amount of time before they opened their most ambitious ride yet, "Rise of the Resistance".

    It appears most people were waiting for BOTH rides to be opened before swarming the area, so now it's super crowded, and very difficult to get a boarding group for the ride.

    Thus, it's also difficult for Cast Members to really do a whole lot as there's an overpopulation in their space port.

    It is a really neat place to people watch, and sometimes guests are dressed so elaborate, that it's tough to tell them apart from the Cast Members :-)
    Read more