Satellite
  • Day 24

    Israel

    October 30, 2017 in Israel ⋅ 🌙 18 °C

    Today the riders finished there three night trek in the desert by performing the last leg of their ride on a stretch of land near Tel El Saba - a significant location that the Kiwi's captured in 1917 allowing the Aussies to charge in & take the wells. The media pack was thick on the plain, all vying for the best photo opportunity. The troops did us proud & our band performed brilliantly (as usual) for the large contingent of Kiwis & local school children that joined us for the commemoration.
    Our next stop was lunch at a local road house before a quick visit to the riders who were unwinding at Beit Eshel nearby. After a quick "hello" we were on our way again to the Israeli Air Force Museum where we had an incredibly informative afternoon being shown around the airbase by a young Israeli Air Force Cadet. We even had a chat with the founder of the Museum who was also a former pilot & Mayor of Beersheba - very accomplished!
    Dinner with the riders back at the hotel rounded out another great day exploring our location. We were off to bed early in preparation for the early start tomorrow - when the official commemorations begin!
    Read more