Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    What a day!

    February 3 in Argentina ⋅ 🌙 27 °C

    I have to say that, when we arrived in Puerto Iguazu, we were a bit underwhelmed. The town is nothing special and quite run down - and we wondered whether the 17.5 hours bus had been worth it.
    After going to the waterfalls, I gotta say it most definitely was! They were honestly incredible! I've been at Niagra falls, but these are way more impressive. And the boat tour was so much fun, we went into the waterfalls multiple times and got completely soaking wet. We loved every minute of it!
    The park has possums, one small cute type uses their tails to carry around leaves (unfortunately we didn't spot that one!). They also have vultures, we were lucky enough to spot the crazy one that looks like a turkey, apparently it's rare to see it.
    We'll go back tomorrow early morning to do more trails and hopefully spot more animals. We had a phenomenal day!
    If anyone is interested in going: reaching the national park is quite easy, buses run from Puerto Iguazu from 7am every 15 mins, they cost around £5 return and take half an hour. The main company running the tours is called Iguazu Jungle. The boat tour was £30, quite cheap for 2 hours of jungle + boat rides. They also offer another 2 hours boat tour down the river leading back into town - we think we'll try that tomorrow.
    Read more