Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Nashville, Tennessee

    June 3, 2016 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    What's up Nashville!! We've been really excited about this stop and about seeing the cool things that Nashville has to offer. We're camping at the KOA about 15 miles north of the city, and staying here for 4 nights. The campground is really nice, and 1 hour in we had already taken advantage of the pool! After camping in the rain for 2 days, I think I can officially call myself a camper!

    The first night we explored the city a little bit, starting at Yazoo Brewing Company and then Peg Leg Porker's BBQ (first dry rub ribs!) for dinner, then walking down to hear all of the great live music that permeates Nashville. The next day we started by spending a couple of hours working in Authentic Coffee, a really nice little coffee shop about 2 miles from our campground. Later in the afternoon we went to the Centennial Park and saw a full-sized replica of the Parthenon with a 42 foot tall statue of Athena inside. The museum inside was more about the building of the replica than about Greek history, but the building, statue, and giant bronze doors were very impressive.

    We pretty much just worked (a lot!) for the next two days, but the notable things were an all-you-can-eat sushi train place for dinner the next night, and going back to downtown Nashville the night after that and seeing a great duo (part of the Natalie Bradley band) performing in the Margaritaville bar.

    Nashville was a beautiful and interesting city. It felt so full of hope and life. The bars with multiple stories had a different band on each story, and every singer was incredibly talented. If it wasn't 12 hours from the beach, we could see ourselves moving there for sure!
    Read more