Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 47

    Epilogue

    October 20, 2023 in Spain ⋅ 🌬 16 °C

    Thankyou for all your messages of support after we had finished the Camino. I've really enjoyed writing the blog and getting messages back .
    We are now in Paris and are catching up with my Irish family which is wonderful. Paul drove all the way up from Barcelona to meet us in Finisterre and had good craic with him there, even finding a pub to watch the AB v Argentina game! Finisterre is the very end point of the Camino by the sea. Back in the day the pilgrims looked out to the horizon thinking the world was flat and that it really was the end of the world.
    It's a beautiful spot and am posting a video of the bag pipes being played at the lighthouse area. Beautiful sea food there too.
    Then Paul drove us back up to Santiago and had another night out with him in a tapas bar with delicious food and albuerina wine!
    Yesterday we flew up to Paris, sadly leaving Spain but Hele n, Annabel and Eva from. Ireland are here and had a great catch up last night.
    So this is the end if my blogs
    I look back now and already those days of walking in the heat , or under a full moon with the sun rising seem a long time ago. I know that the spirit of the Camino is pretty special and was so wonderful to have shared the experience with Brian, Lee and Jane.
    Buen Camino
    Read more