Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 25

    Auckland NZ Feb 2nd

    February 2 in New Zealand ⋅ 🌬 75 °F

    Docked in Auckland New Zealand this morning.
    Got up, breakfast, gym and then since we are docked in port we left the ship and walked down to a supermarket to pick up some sunscreen, local snacks that they told us to try (hokey pokey and pineapple lumps) and some Doritos. Potato chips of any kind are not on the ship. On the way back we found a pub which seemed authentic since none of the chairs matched and it looked like British Pubs we have seen.
    Our afternoon excursion was a guided drive through Auckland and it's shopping, financial, hotel and technology district. Auckland is NZ's largest city with about 1.5 million people. So it's not a huge city. Metropolitan Austin Texas is just over 2 million.
    We had a stop at a famous memorial and had time to enjoy the greenery, marigolds and all the flowers around.
    Then on the their large natural history museum. Scott did not really enjoy this part since he's not really into museums. I walked through the entire museum and took in their history.
    Back to the ship for some card playing and an excellent! dinner at the Chef's Table restaurant on board. Special Japanese menu created by our guest chef on the boat. Then more card playing and cocktails before bed.
    Looking forward to another day in Auckland tomorrow...
    Read more