Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 61

    Ps.... KL lay-over

    April 1, 2018 in Malaysia ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    So we had an 18 between flights... So made the most of KL, and Colin visiting his childhood. First stop Batu cave home of the 5 legged cow (since dead) Colin was surprised at the development here, as a child it was mainly fields. There are 272 steps to climb before heading into this remarkable Temple and well worth the visit. The visit was made by going into the Dark Cave which was a 45min tour around labyrinth of very dark caves with interesting flora & fauna.

    A quick visit was made to Low Yat plaza where we were disappointed to find electronic goods were not much cheaper than home. Found a local restaurant for lunch and had amazing nasi goreng (of course what else would we choose?) for less than tenner.

    Then long wet (yep it was raining) to KL towers and Petronas tower (this one was shut unfortunately) but we did go thr the shops underneath it and wow, every designer brand going, all I could afford was new Pandora.

    To finish off (our trip completely) we went round Central Market, now these prices were more our style. In the taxi on way back to airport we passed the first place Colin stayed in as a kid on his way to maylasia, the Old a railway station.

    So lots new memories made but old ones revisited as well.
    Read more