Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Kalgoorlie

    February 3, 2019 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 18 °C

    Woke up lovely and refreshed after a lovely cool night, it was still quite warm when we went to bed but the new 12v fan works a treat got Kay off to sleep very quickly then as the temperature dropped at about 2am Kay switched it off and let the breeze keep us cool for the rest of the night.
    Peter got the generator going so that we could use the coffee pod machine but I think we will wean ourselves onto instant for overnight stops to save on effort.
    We passed through Southern Cross and Coolgardie and stopped to view the memorial to the 3 truck drivers that were killed in the 2007 bush fire there are 2 the first is 3 large crosses and the Aussie flag on the side of the road were they died, the other is at a rest area further down the road where there is a memorial stone and a bio of each driver.
    We then stopped for the night at the 24hr rest stop in Kalgoorlie its an off grid free camp there are toilets at the park next door but you must be able to retain your grey water onboard, we have stopped here so that we can refill a gas bottle before heading off to the Nullarbor.
    Read more