Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 27

    Devonport Tasmania

    February 28, 2019 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 21 °C

    Well we have arrived in Tassie!!
    They journey was ok weather wise only a small swell which makes the ship rock a bit and made me look like a drunk rolling from side to side when trying to walk along a gangway.
    The only thing which spoiled it was the woman in the seat behind me kept knocking the back of my seat (just like the idiots on planes who can’t stand up without pulling on the seat in front) which woke me up and I couldn’t get back to sleep again and waiting for the last 6 hours to pass was very boring.
    We had to put the pups into one of the ships kennels luckily they let us put them into the same one, they were not happy when we left them but very happy when we came back for them in the morning, I’m not sure if they got any sleep because it was very noisy on that deck.
    The disembarked went very quickly as we had been through quarantine in Melbourne there was no checks to hold us up.
    We didn’t really have a plan of where we were going so drove around untill we found a large car park in between Bunnings and Harvey Normans that was empty (not surprising at 7am) so we parked up and all had breakfast dog biscuits for the pups and coffee and eggs on toast for us.
    After that we looked up a freedom camp on WikiCamps and came here.
    Freedom camps are without water and power but do have either a small fee or a requested donation, here it $10 per night with a maximum stay of 3 nights.
    Once we were set up we all had a nap for about 4 hours!
    We visited the information bureau to find places to visit then had a bit of a drive around Devonport.
    Read more