Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 84

    Low Head

    April 26, 2019 in Australia ⋅ 🌬 12 °C

    We got back on the road this morning and moved about 80kms up the road to Low Head which is just past George Town on the estuary of the Tamar river as it enters the Bass Straits.
    We have booked into a caravan park for the next 4 nights and Kay is already into her 4th load of laundry (I do help by hanging it out on the line, but I think she then sneaks out and rehangs it all anyway).
    It is very windy here at the moment and the same is forecast for the next couple of day but we will not let it stop us sightseeing so we will put on some extra clothes and beanies to keep warm. I have had to park the car so that it blocks the wind from blowing the washing line away.
    On our trips we have seen lots and lots of people who travel with their pets and I get so frustrated that there are so many owners that think they don’t have to follow the rules ie keep their dog on a leash because they think their dog won’t be happy wearing a leash, But today we came across the worst example of a bad owner, we went to look at a caravan park to see if we wanted to stay and there was a little dog sitting at the gate looking out occasionally barking at people passing by, so we were talking to the park manager and he said that the dog wasn’t his, it had belonged to a holidaymaker who left it behind when they moved on and when the park phoned them to let them know they had forgotten their dog and they said they would come back, but that was over 2 years ago and the dog is still waiting.
    Read more