Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 126

    Back across the Nullarbor

    June 7, 2019 in Australia ⋅ 🌬 11 °C

    We got away from the caravan park at 9.25, we took a photo of the distance marker in the centre of Ceduna which shows we have 1924kms to travel is if go direct to Perth,we will probably easily do more than that as we will likely go via Esperance, Albany Denmark etc.
    We passed the fuel stop that we filled up at in Ceduna the diesel is now $1.419 per litre, when we got to The Nullarbor roadhouse we were running on empty (the light had been on for 10kms) so we had to fill up again this time $2.11 per litre ($157 to fill) I had thought it was dear enough when we came over in February at $1.82 per litre but obviously I was mistaken.
    I got to experience how the truck drivers fill when we came up on a convoy of 6 caravans bunched up together travelling along at about 85kmp, so we had to pick our spots where the road was straight enough that we could see it was clear to overtake, it took us 4 manoeuvres but once we were clear we could get back to our cruising speed of 98-100 kpms.
    We decided to stop overnight at a free camp called the Best of the Bite it is on the cliff top so we get a good look out at the ocean, which for some reason toad is very calm, we normally see breakers.
    Read more