Satellite
  • Day 9

    New Years Eve

    December 31, 2017 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    We started with a long bike ride again through the city following the river. It was a perfect morning, not too hot and absolutely no wind. It was great to get a bit further out than the day before. We met Catherine in the afternoon and went to Glenelg beach for a look around. Catherine had already found an amazing ice cream place so of course I had to try. Wild strawberry and white chocolate and honeycomb. It was incredible apart from it melting very quickly.

    After a wander around the shops and checking out a place that does art classes Catherine was interested in, we headed back to the campground where we had a few drinks to start the New Year celebrations. After a lovely couple of hours chatting and nibbling we walked to a Mexican restaurant close to the camp. We had a lovely meal and Margaritas of course.

    The last stop was walking in the city centre to find a spot to watch the fireworks. The city was pretty busy when we got there as a Big Bash cricket game had just finished as well. Catherine decided to head for home and we found a spot to sit and wait for the fireworks. They were worth waiting for and lasted for about 15 mins.
    Read more