Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 159

    HONOLULU, HAWAII

    September 5, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    Aloha! I think we could not have picked a better place for the Grand Finale of the Buzacott World Tour 2018. Pleasantly surprised by this America/Polynesia blend. The surf is addictive, and the boys have spent multiple hours each day on their rented longboard. Getting quite skilled at it, too! (And chafed). We hiked up Diamond Head (the volcanic crater) yesterday, a beautiful view at the top. Zach got a bit of heatstroke though, poor man, so it was a slow walk back down. Nothing that an air conditioned hotel room and a bit of ice cream & water couldn’t fix, though.

    A week before we arrived, level 4/5 Hurricanes were predicted and we wondered about the wisdom of coming. As it turns out, the weather has been consistently gorgeous. Jesse and I have taken a woodcarving lesson and a lei-making lesson. We’ve seen hula dancers, and spent hours by the pool. Not a bad life.

    * * *
    Today marks the final day of our 6 month journey.

    EPILOGUE: It’s now been 2 weeks back in Australia, and at the time I couldn’t quite find the words to sum up this magnificent journey we shared. It meant a lot to me. The privilege of exploring the world with your family by your side is priceless. The words still aren’t there, so until ‘Buzacott World Tour: The Sequel,’ I bid you adieu!
    Read more