Satellit
Auf Karte anzeigen
  • Tag 9

    You’re a star… on the eurostar

    26. Februar 2023 in Belgien ⋅ 🌙 2 °C

    Woke up to sunny London skies and the prospect of a new country to explore.
    It was a day of travel; a journey; an adventure. No, not really, it was just a day of travel. 4 suitcases, 2 backpacks, 2 different tubes, St Pancras international terminal (that was heaving with people) the super efficient Eurostar across the channel and one local train before we lugged the suitcases, backpacks and kids to our hotel in Brussels. Definitely glad to have gotten here, but really can’t complain- the whole thing was pretty seamless.
    The Eurostar was SO efficient. Just on 2 hours from London to Brussels, including a quick stop in France to offload some people. Cruising at roughly 335 Km/hr the channel tunnel was over before we really knew what had happened.
    Got into Brussels around 4pm (with a time zone change). We are staying just off Grand Place, so we wandered around the cobblestone streets, admired the gorgeous buildings (ahem…), eyed off many of the chocolate shops (and went in to sample one…) and after dinner popped downstairs to the Waffle House and overdid our first try with way too many toppings… 😄
    Even the air smells sweet here (no, literally, it smells like waffles and fries wafting through the streets).
    When Nick and I visited here BK (before kids) we had our first taste of croquettes in a quirky little stand up seafood/wine stand. He has talked about this fond memory so
    Many times over the years- and we found it again tonight!! We must have thrown some coins in some special fountain once to be able to come back and experience it again. He was one happy guy.
    The girls are quietly snoring, no doubt dreaming of the chocolate they will consume tomorrow…
    Weiterlesen