Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 13

    Paris… oui!

    March 2, 2023 in France ⋅ 🌙 4 °C

    Another cross country train journey (on the Thalys this time) to the heart of Paris. We arrived mid afternoon to gorgeous skies and witnessed an even more gorgeous sunset over the Seine.
    Our hotel is a small beautiful old 6 story building situated in Saint Germaine. We have one of the 2 top loft rooms, with a view of the Eiffel Tower from one side, and a view of Notre- Dame on the other side… what a little bit (a lot) of research can do when you are Nick booking accommodation 😜.
    The girls have little beds under gable windows that look out to the Eiffel Tower. We couldn’t feel more quintessentially in Paris if we tried! (OK… so we did try)- we headed to the nearest patisserie and ordered chocolate eclairs (in very bad French- which is totally endearing if you are a 7 and 9 year old… they already have the stern French wrapped around their little fingers with ‘bonjour madame’ ‘merci monsieur’ in impressively articulate French compared with their parents… who sound more like ‘Mer-cee’).
    Audrey has decided that she will put a limit on herself of maximum 5 eclairs a day (her face in the photo after her first bite says it all), and Olive has decided she would like to move here. Even without stepping foot in a cheese (Fromages) shop yet.
    The girls have been talking about the art installation on Louis Vuitton building since they saw photos a couple of months ago- and they spotted the colourful dots from our hotel window… so we also had to find the building where they stood proudly infront and sang loudly ‘I could have my Gucci on… I could wear my Louis Vuitton…’ (thank you Meghan Trainor… that song has been the soundtrack to our holiday 🙄). Sooo… yes… our little kangaroos are standing out here in Paris 🤣
    Read more