Спутник
Показать на карте
  • День 11

    Wrong Lake

    30 мая 2022 г., Канада ⋅ ⛅ 19 °C

    Wrong Lake is one of the many stocked lakes throughout the Yukon, like Fisheye Lake. Not an official campground but peaceful and quiet.

    That is until Sam, Wes, Joe and the two Shane’s rolled in. They are part of the crew building a swimming pool at Pelly Crossing. Two plumbers, two carpenters, and the boss. They brought a small boat and their fishing gear. Along with that they brought several pounds of frozen hamburger, a huge slab of thick cut bacon, a Costco sized block of cheese, smokies, dozen eggs, enough buns for 10 people, and a dozen squeeze bottles of various stuff, a bottle of Crown Royal, Gin, and a decent amount of beer. What they didn’t bring was anything to cook with, just one large stoneware pot (most of them had filet knives).
    They went straight to fishing and only Wes the young guy caught a fish. We took pity on him and gave him some foil, onion, butter, and a half lemon we had. He cooked it on the fire and it came out very tasty.
    To their credit they managed to thaw and cook up their food. Shane-1, carved a couple of green willows to act as a grill, and another to use as a utensil. Sam cooked the bacon in the big pot, then the now thawed burgers in the bacon fat. They too were delicious.
    Then as quickly as they came they packed up and headed out. It was a very entertaining evening. We will be sure to stop in at Pelly Crossing on our way back to say hi and check on the progress of the pool.
    Читать далее