Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Wandering

    February 25 in France ⋅ 🌧 7 °C

    We spent the last two days wandering through the streets of Paris. We came across quite a few gems. We had lunch at an African street market, we walked through les Marais and visited the museum of Paris history. Then we walked to la Place de la Bastille, a very important symbol of the French Revolution. On the way back we caught sight of a few impressive buildings.

    The next day, we took off in a different direction to see le Grand Palais and la Place de la Concorde (that’s where the guillotine was set up for almost two years in 1793-1794. Need I say more?) On the way there, we came to an intersection where there were armed police (read automatic weapons!) at every corner!!! A bit surprised, we asked one of the guards if there was something special going on. He kindly informed us that we were near the residence of the French President and that there were guards there 24 hrs a day. Sorry, no pictures for security reasons…

    We continued our trek along la Seine through le Jardin des Tuilleries, le Louvre then towards the oldest part of Paris to see old buildings and shops on quaint narrow streets.
    Read more