Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    Bits & pieces from Paris

    February 26 in France ⋅ 🌧 6 °C

    First thing is the traffic: Cars, motorcycles, bicycles, & pedestrians. Keep in mind that intersections in Paris all have 5 or more roads into them. Cars pull as far as they can into the intersection, blocking traffic. Motorcycles don’t use the lanes, instead they go between or beside the cars. Bicycles are the worst, they don’t want to stop for anything because they would have to put their feet down. Pedestrians go wherever there is a break in traffic or traffic is stopped because of cars jamming up the intersections.

    Paris is funny because you will have all the same type of stores on the same street selling the same stuff. Souvenir shops, crepe stands, glitter shops, and of course sex shops. All right next to each other.

    We came across this guy in the window rolling out dough into flat breads. It was kind of mesmerizing to watch. After a while we decided to go in to eat. So halfway through our meal the power goes out, no big deal lots of light from the windows. Then the place starts filling up with smoke because the hood fan was not working anymore. We were almost ready to make it a takeout meal when they finally got the power back on and the smoke quickly cleared up. Happy ending!
    Read more