Uydu
Haritada göster
  • Gün 1

    Arrived Queenstown New Zealand

    12 Aralık 2023, Yeni Zelanda ⋅ ☁️ 11 °C

    A very early start as the plane left at 7:40 a.m.. A very kind friend volunteered to drive us to the airport which did relieve some of the stress. I made a ridiculous offer to Qantas to upgrade to business and they accepted the offer. Not quite the usual luxurious 747 business class, but still more room and a very good breakfast. The trip was uneventful. We left Melbourne in fog and arrived to a beautiful sunny day in Queenstown. I chose Queenstown as our first stop because it reputedly has spectacular views on landing and they were. Bob was able to take some excellent photos as we came in to land. Picked up a car from the airport and drove a very short distance to our hotel.

    The hotel is very well positioned. We have a lovely view outside and we are close to town albeit on a steep path down to the main shopping and entertainment area, which of course means a steep walk back. It is such a spectacular place, a very large lake visible from the air surrounded by mountains with a hint of snow still on the top. A very rugged place and clearly popular with those. Looking for outdoor adventure, bike riding, hiking and of course lots of water sport. We walked into town and I was surprised by how many tourists there are here, I had thought we would be a little outside of tourist season as this is also a ski resort. Various options for entertainment, none of which we are likely to partake in.
    Okumaya devam et