Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 113

    Seyrek

    September 11, 2022 in Turkey ⋅ ☀️ 26 °C

    We arrived short before sunset, findind a great camp spot above the rocky cliffs overlooking the sea well hiden from the sleepy fishing village.

    We had rather spontaniously arrived and not checked the weather the evening was great and the fullmoon rise big and glowing into the evening sky as we sipped a cold beer...

    As we awoke in the morning however there were dark clouds, it started to drip we decided to put the rest of the tent up as we had just been using the inner part. Dripps very quickly turn to an allout downpour and dark clouds turned into a gale wind, thunder and lightning. We had wanted to wait it out and let everything dry out but nature had another plan...
    The spot we had choosen was sheltered bit also a bit of a valley which very quickly turned to a gushing river which flowed under our tent ⛺️ .
    We hurriedly packed our things amidst the chaos the while every now and then diving out to save a drink bottle or pots and pans from being swept away and over the cliffs into the Sea.

    We managed to get it all together and got to the bis station where we met two Turkish campers who helped us arrange our way out of there and a place to repack our muddy and wet gear. They told us yeah the black sea coast is wild and it's coming into the rainy 🌧 season so we would be better of to head down to the Mediterranean ocean and go camping and hiking there. ..

    Now we are on a 7 hour bus ride to Izmir and apparently 32 degrees soo sounds like tent drying weather to me 🌞
    Read more