Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Fremont Street and Stratosphere hotel

    October 18, 2023 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 32 °C

    Earlier start, well Ish we are all up and down by 10.30, Miracle mile for breakfast at a Mexican restaurant very nice to although Andy T and I try the $0.99 Bloody Mary, eww let’s say a glass of tomato sauce is not for me.
    We buy 24 hr bus tickets and head down to the Stratosphere, quick drink then we are up to the observation tower, Joe and I are the only ones to venture onto the rides at the top, one hangs off the building the other shoots up it to the sky, both great fun and fantastic views over Vegas, the 3rd ride is currently decommissioned, shame as that was my favourite last time, the "Sky Dive" is also out of action today much to Joe's disappointment, I would have joined in jumping off the top, now to catch the bus to Fremont St, first bus takes a while and is full but there is a second bus a minute behind, unfortunately also full so Joe orders us an Uber. Arrive at Fremont St and head for a beer, then on to heart attack grill, for those that do not know they do up to and 8 stack burgers coming in at nearly 10,000 calories, if you weigh 350lbs plus you eat free, none of us qualify before you ask. all foods cooked in lard and failure to finish your food results in a spanking, you are dressed in a hospital gown as you enter, the boys opt for a 3 stack, Andy T a double, I join the girls in a single, without the fries, we do order some jalapeño poppers and onion rings, Joe is defeated by the side of fries, Rhys scraps through his triple no fries, We all get a spanking videos to follow, Rhys glaring at me for his punishment, although the girls get off lightly.
    Now time to experience Fremont at night.
    Joe does the zip wire, is given a time of 9.40, off he goes with the meeting point instructions for when he’s done, 30 mins later he has not come to meeting point so Rhys and pace Fremont Street for 40 mins trying to find him, he’s left his phone with me, 10.45 he comes down the zip line, he’d been in a queue for an hr, we see some right sights on Fremont it’s a hive of activity plenty of Street bars but nowhere to sit, these old buggers need a seat so bus back to the hotel for a night cap, or so we thought if it hadn’t been the longest bus journey in history. 90 minutes., due to the heavy traffic, made worse by the roadworks in preparation for Formula one in November, 1am and it's bedtime.
    Read more