Satellitt
Vis på kartet
  • Dag 13

    London to home

    21. oktober 2023, England ⋅ ☁️ 11 °C

    A good flight with BA, even managed a few hours kip, landing at Heathrow slightly early at 3pm local time. Baggage collection is longer than expected. Once we eventually collect our bags it’s time to say our goodbyes to the Taits who are staying over before flying back to Spain tomorrow, thanks for enhancing the trip Andrew and Susan and helping us all make memories.
    Joe, Rhys, Janet, and I get the Piccadilly line to St Pancras nice quiet start, interrupted by a local youth playing his music after greeting us with Wagwan, like a scene from top Boy “innit”
    Tube soon gets busy and busier, we hit Kings Cross at 18.05 it’s very busy, there is a train to Doncaster at 18.18 quickly book tickets on Trainline that don’t work at the gate so I’m getting a little stressed, eventually (after some arm gesturing) a 12 year old assistant saunters over and just lets us through. I realise the tickets are a split so issued in two parts to Grantham then into Donny, at first, I think we have to change which adds to the stress, we don’t just different assigned seats for each leg. We get on the train and our seats are occupied, unbeknown to us there has been an announcement that there are no seat reservations, I’m obviously still a grouch and the lady and her daughter that has occupied our seats move to the next seat to allow us all to sit together, on the plus side we don’t have to move seats at Grantham, we are out of London never been a fan of London too busy for me.
    We are due at Donny at 20.04 with a wait till 20.27 for the train to Scunthorpe, we are all knackered and decide to get a taxi from Doncaster to avoid the wait, right call. Once we get home Joe drops Rhys off home. Now just the bags to unpack and get back into a routine.
    Fantastic holiday visiting great cities, ticking off bucket list items. Lots of walking eating and drinking, but most of all lots of laughs and memories with special people.
    Thank you and good night.
    Les mer