Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 27

    Jaipur family

    December 9, 2019 in India ⋅ 🌙 15 °C

    <3

    Some pictures here of our lovely adoptive Jaipur family and also our hotel. The hotel was really really nice and fancy, happy birthday to me! 😀
    Had a very special birthday too because of the hospitality of this lovely family.

    Kaya met Mukesh when he was going out and I was sick in bed, he advised us to get some medicine and also explained he made many foreign friends. He seemed super and we saw him the next day on our way to the museum as he greeted us with a huge smile. We were walking but told him we'd tell him if we needed anything. On my birthday he took us into town as was very chatty. After picking us up he invited us over for chai, which was SO GOOD! We met his lovely wife and his adoring children in their home. Savi asked us over for dinner seeing as I was away from my mum and I should still have a nice meal made by a mother. So sweet, we obviously came back that night for some food.

    If you talk to anyone from India about 98% will tell you that no food beats their mothers cooking. It makes a lot of sense now. Savi's special Thali was and is unmatched. Absolutely amazing. And all prepared super sterile and with filtered water especially for us. They made us feel like royalty and shared many stories with us. I also got some henna as a special birthday treat, so beautiful.

    It was truly an honour to spend time with this friendly and giving people. We feel so lucky and will spend time with them again on our way back up to Delhi, just before we fly back home.
    Read more