Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    The long trip to London

    July 8, 2017 in England ⋅ ⛅ 22 °C

    After giving Adalia Phenergan at 2am on the plane and laying her on the floor at Samuel and my feet, she was not keen to sit up for landing. It was so difficult lifting a dead weight off her seat with no head room to get her off the plane.
    Sammy had mentioned he had a funny tummy while landing, which I dismissed...then as we were disembarking the plane he made a funny cough sound. I asked him if he was ok as I pushed him off the plane. Two steps off and the vomiting began! Poor little thing. So glad we were off the plane. And since I was balancing Adalia and a couple of bags, Tom had to assist Sammy.
    We spent some time in the bathroom before joining the hour and a half long(!) border security line. Then to the baggage claim where our lonely bags were circling the carousel. Tom sprinted and caught one just before it went back through the shoot.
    Steve Scott had organised a driver to pick us up. We found him a little disgruntled as we had taken so long to get through the airport.
    A lovely new Mercedes was waiting to drive us to the Scotts. This made me nervous with Samuel's funny tummy, not sure the driver would appreciate cleaning the car on top of us being so late. so I encouraged both children to sleep if they could. Thankfully they were both asleep within ten minutes of driving.
    We finally arrived at the Scotts at about 1pm, at least three hours later than anticipated.
    The girls were at their school fair, and we decided after a quick bite of toast to go and visit. We were all feeling tired and hot, so after a quick walk around and the purchase of some raffle tickets we walked back to the Scott's. The kids love playing with toys, games and other children, so we hung out for the rest of the afternoon soaking up the sunshine in the little courtyard that adjoins the kitchen.
    Towards dinnertime the men folk went hunting for breadcrumbs, this took around two hours, but eventually cooking was underway. Dinner preparation involved a schnitzel production line (wish I had taken a photo), and when we were done we had about 1.5kg of meat! No one was complaining. It was delicious!
    With jet lag and a glass of wine tom and I could barely keep our eyes open and struggled to put the kids to bed. We were all out at 8:30pm
    Read more