Satellite
  • Day 13

    Monterey

    May 31, 2020 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 16 °C

    When waking up we had yet another day lf driving in front of us. This day, however, we only had about 3h of driving. Before leaving Sacramento we checked out the Capitol Building in daylight. We arrived to Monterey at around 3, which is the earliest we’ve arrived to a new place during this roadtrip. We were happy to have some more time so we chilled a bit in the room before going down to the harbor. When walking around we started hearing strange noises, what sounded like seals. We followed the noise and discovered Monterey has a lot of sea lions and seals swimming and sunbathing in the area. After walking around in the cosy Fisherman’s Wharf we went back to the motel to shower and book accommodation for the last days. In the evening we went back to the harbor to have dinner. We both had a fried combo basket, which included fries, fried calamari, shrimp and fish. It was veeery delicious, and a lot. Afterwards, we enjoyed a soft ice, one with chocolate and one with sprinkles. We definitely needed a chill day like this after an intense schedule so far.
    Today we drove a total of 3,5h and 290km.
    Next stop: Santa Maria.
    Read more