Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Best seafood joints to try in Singapore!

    May 16, 2018 in India ⋅ 🌬 22 °C

    It is quite unimaginable to not associate Singapore with food. Blessed with a variety of cuisines, Singapore has something to suit every foodie’s palate. Topping the list, though, is undoubtedly its seafood.

    The succulent crab meat, the crunchiness of a shrimp, fine textures of a fish—this is just an overview of what Singapore’s seafood has in store for you. Albeit you should be able to find decent seafood all around the Island-State, we urge you to dedicate some of your time in discovering these delightful joints.

    Troubles faced in reaching these places can be squashed immediately. Buying online tickets for a bus is simplified by http://www.redbus.sg ensuring a hassle-free travel.

    The Naked Fin: This intriguing restaurant is hidden at the back of Gillman Barracks, a hard to reach spot in its own right. If you do happen to get a taxi up there, make sure you get them to take you all the way to the restaurant, otherwise the walk from the front gate will leave you a little sweaty. This is the best seafood joint in this city. Prawns and Squids were quite fresh and were lightly seasoned and hence it highlighted their flavour. If you are a diehard seafood lover then this place is for you. If strong food flavour or more sauce is what you are looking for I would recommend you to visit a French restaurant or a Chilli Crab place.

    Penang Seafood: Penang Seafood was where I tried one of my first Fish Head Curries in Singapore. Memorable for the spiciness for sure but also the succulent flesh of the fish. Penang Seafood also gets my vote in this list because they (obviously) specialise in seafood. So here you can also order various other local seafood specialties like Assam Steamed Red Grouper, Chilli Crab and Cuttlefish. I suggest if you don’t like things too spicy you mention that when you order. I had ordered the Pork belly and salted eggs and found them awesome. Good quality food is served across the board. You will not regret visiting this place either. We had a very satisfying meal. This place truly has some great dishes. You can try their famous Assam Laksa which is very authentic. Penang Laksa is also what you can try out. It comes with a generous portion of fish meat. Do expect a queue especially if you visit this place on weekends. The most important thing is it is reasonably economical. Sure to come back again when in this city.

    Jumbo Seafood: One of the most reputed seafood restaurants in East Coast Seafood Centre and through all of Singapore, the must tries here include the Salted egg yolk prawns and Crispy baby squids.

    Long Beach Seafood Restaurant: Based in Kallang Park, local produce is given its due justice here. You cannot not try the Canadian Dungeness crab delicacies—the name itself is highly appealing!

    Palm Beach Seafood Restaurant: The breath-taking views that this eating outlet is based in One Fullerton offers complement the signature dish of this place perfectly, the Chilli crab.
    Read more