Satellite
  • Day 15

    Sainte-Chapelle

    November 16, 2017 in France ⋅ ☁️ 9 °C

    After the catacombs, we went straight to Sainte-Chapelle. This time being sure to be there early enough to get in! It's attached to the Courthouse, so there is a lot of security to get through before being allowed in. At one point, they tried to separate us from the kids...sending them through a different line...but I wasn't about to let that happen. There was some confusion, but eventually they let me go with them. It was odd. Sainte Chapelle is beautiful! There isn't a whole lot to explore, and there is a fee to get in, but it was nice. Pretty cool.

    It's been a long day, so we ended it with our favourites!! First stop was Bertrand's bakery where we bought a GIANT pistachio meringue....then for supper we chose Lebanese again...and Amorino gelato to follow! I was so excited to choose colourful flavours this time...trying to make a beautiful flower. Jay got his, Morgan got hers....and then it was my turn...and they switched staff members. Just my luck...I got the trainee!! It was her first day...not only her first day...her first time scooping!! Needless to say, mine ended up looking like a very unkept, unhealthy flower....haha. I guess I'll need to wait for our next trip to Paris to get the perfect flower ice cream! lol.

    Once the girls were in bed, I headed out on my own to check out the famous Shakespeare and Company bookstore. Unfortunately, they don't allow photos to be taken inside. It is a book lovers dream store....floor to ceiling books....creaks with every step...and any book ever imagined...even a hidden kids corner. Apparently, some people even sleep there. And I believe all the books are in English. It was great....until I went to leave. There was a strange man leaving right in front of me. He, for some reason, couldn't figure out how to leave the store...how to push the door open. Some ladies and him had a few not so nice words, then they managed to help him leave. I left right after....started walking down the street, stopped to look at something and that's when I noticed that he was following me!! At first I thought it was just me...so I moved on and stopped somewhere else...he did too. I did it about 3 times, then I called Jay and headed straight into the busy walking streets where I dodged in and out of people. It wasn't until I was sure he was gone that I ducked down the alley to the hotel...which I was locked out of!! There is always suppose to be someone at the front desk...they don't let you bring the key out....and I wasn't aware that they lock the door. It was about 10 minutes before she finally came and unlocked the door...she was in the washroom...of course...the one time I was panicking to get inside...haha. Good night!
    Read more