Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 21

    Day 17 - We climbed down to Molinaseca

    October 16, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ☁️ 52 °F

    With a short hike in front of us today, we slept in a bit (8am), and got out the door by 9:30. The mountains and beautiful view that was covered with clouds and rain yesterday, greeted us as we began our day.

    What started out as an easy hike with gorgeous views, turned into a fairly treacherous decline over several miles. We picked our steps very carefully relying on our poles for additional support.

    Special note: Julie made Joan watch a YouTube video on how to operate her trekking poles and Eileen and Colleen really stepped up today.

    We made incredible time with no rain and cool weather. We ran into our Camino friend Patricia, and decided to slow down and really help her make it down the mountain as she was very nervous and all by herself.

    Together we walked into Molinaseca and actually made it in time for lunch before Siesta (we only found one restaurant/bar open on Monday). Another friend from Alaska, Crystal joined us and we had our first Sangria.

    Joan and l got a siesta in, and as a pilgrims job is never done, we have some shopping to do and to explore the town, and find dinner before we do it all again tomorrow.

    We appreciate everyone’s responses. We read all of them- and they will also be included in our book when this is completed. So thank you for all of the support, prayers and encouragement.

    We still like each other and are having an absolutely fantastic time.

    Buen Camino!
    Read more