Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 65

    Paraty

    July 5, 2023 in Brazil ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    We spent a lovely few days in the beautiful city of Paraty. This place had such a unique vibe and aesthetic. The downtown core had all white buildings with splashes of bright colours. We spent some time roaming the streets and eating good food. Paraty had a lovely coast with some beaches to relax on and lots of stunning islands in view. Add that to many colourful and fun boats roaming the shores and you get a perfect little paradise.

    We did one bigger activity while here which was an island boat tour. This was such a fun day. We boarded this boat and peacefully sailed out to sea (this is what I pictured the Ilhabela Bonete Beach boat ride being lol). Our first stop was at this island with super clear water where we got to swim with fish! Angus decided not to join (the water was too cold for him) but I spent 30 mins swimming with fish! I have never been snorkeling or done anything like this before so it was very amazing to experience being up close to fish like that (can't wait to do more snorkeling at our next stop)! We then continued to a lovely little beach where we played in the water and walked along the beach. Our next stop was next to this island for lunch and we ended with one more beach before returning to Paraty. It was very beautiful and relaxing; what a way to spend a day.

    The other thing that happened was at breakfast that same day. Angus went to use the bathroom at the breakfast place in our hotel and the lock broke. He was trapped in the bathroom and couldn't get out. He texted me to come try and get him out but I could not so I had to talk to our hotel staff. In total it took 6 people and over 45 minutes to help him escape from the bathroom. All the while the staff were giggling about the whole situation (I joined them lol). It was a very funny and very awkward experience. Definitely a fun story to tell!
    Read more