Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Dublin

    January 14, 2023 in Ireland ⋅ 🌬 3 °C

    Dublin, the capital of Ireland, is located in the eastern part of the country and near the River Liffey. More than half a million inhabitants live in Dublin and the total area is about 115 square kilometers. Dublin is one of the most visited cities in Europe. The squares and the streets, the vibrant nightlife, the pubs that are open until the wee hours and also the interesting museums, all this and more make it a city not to be missed.

    Dublin's history dates back to about 140 AD, when it was a Viking stronghold and later became a Norse Gaelic stronghold. Over time, the city changed its shape more than once and developed very quickly until it was even called the "Kingdom of Dublin" due to its central and very important position on the island itself.

    Later it also underwent deterioration, culminating after World War II when it was severely neglected. In the 1960s, however, there was a turning point, the city started to flourish again and experienced an economic boom.

    Today, Dublin is a modern and highly successful European city, a city that attracts tourists from all over the world and has much to offer to anyone looking for diverse attractions.
    Read more