Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Nunawading tournament - Day 2

    June 11, 2023 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 16 °C

    Our second day of the Nunawading tournament and the boys go in having won 2 of there 3 games and in second place behind the undefeated Sturt team.
    The boys’ first game wasn’t until mid afternoon so we had a morning of free time and went into the Queen Vic Markets for some coffee and a wonder around.
    There were lots of produce stores and a lolly shop the kids liked, and many cheese shops with olives. Claire was happy… Michael not so impressed.
    The first game today for the boys was against Frankston. I thought it would have been a tough game but in the end they had a very convincing win.
    Claire didn’t ref until 6:50 - having 4 more games, including under 16s in boys and girls. Her last game finished at 10pm. The Knox coached thanked her and complimented her saying that it was the best reffing they had all tournament.
    Meanwhile Michael’s team played the undefeated Sturt team. A win and they would match Sturt on points and go to the finals on the head to head results.
    Unfortunately it wasn’t to be. The boys were simply outmuscled and couldn’t compete with the physicality and aggression for the ball.
    Afterwards we were able to watch one of Claire’s school friends play for Sydney Comets.
    Read more