Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 18

    Whyalla to Port Lincoln

    May 1, 2023 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 18 °C

    We woke up late after an interrupted sleep due to some local riff raff hanging around the caravans late last night in Whyalla. Thankfully all was fine and nothing was taken overnight.

    Whyalla was very calm and still this morning which was nice and we enjoyed breakfast and coffee on the foreshore.

    We planned some stops along the way for morning tea and lunch and to our nice surprise it ended up being a tour of silo art and murals. Cowell had a great silo mural of a local man with his camel, in tribute to perseverance and tough life on the land.

    Tumby Bay was a beautiful little town with crystal clear water and many murals brought about by the yearly Colour Tumby Festival which brings many artists and events to paint the town and its buildings. We ate lunch there and then enjoyed the silo art on the way out of town, depicting some local boys jumping off the Tumby Bay jetty.

    We arrived at Port Lincoln around 3pm, setup and just chilled at the caravan park. We sit at the top of the park but have a view of Boston Bay which looks like a lake due to all the land masses but is actually two peninsulas and the large Boston Island.
    Read more