Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 22

    Port Lincoln to Streaky Bay

    May 5, 2023 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 19 °C

    It was an interesting travel day for us today. Made memorable by the turn in the weather just as we hooked up the trailer and which followed us all the way up the coast.

    The weather fined up as we left Port Lincoln and we made our first stop at Elliston. We had some food and a look around just as a wall of rain approached the town. Unfortunately I wasn’t quick enough to fill up with fuel and absolutely copped it saturated on the edge of town 😅 (imagine me ducked down behind the car with pump in one hand as sideways rain hit the car).

    On we went to Venus Bay, stopping for a snack and quick look at Needle Eye Lookout. Once again, we could see the wall of water approaching off the coast and this time we didn’t hang around long.

    As we got further north, arriving in Streaky Bay, the storm front either weakened or no longer could progress north and the afternoon stayed fine. And oh my god was it fine! What a spectacular sunset. We setup the van (site right on the beach), the kids headed to the playground and Corinne and I grabbed our camp chairs and wandered onto the beach with a drink.

    Its moments like these that stay with you. An absolutely gorgeous afternoon ensued as we sat and watched the kids wander back our way and investigate the shallows for crabs, pippies and other sea life.

    Starting to wish we booked longer here but we’ll see what the weather brings. For now it’s near perfect 😍
    Read more