Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 68

    Oyster Stacks-Turquoise Bay 😍🪸🐠

    June 20, 2023 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 23 °C

    Sadly there’s no underwater capabilities on this phone otherwise it would’ve been several full albums this day. What a phenomenal place to snorkel!

    We packed lunch & snacks and travelled to the west side of the cape, straight for Oyster Stacks. The plan was basically to arrive early and spend the whole day snorkelling, slowly moving up the coast from beach to beach. However, these two places were sufficient on their own.

    Oyster stacks was a little hard to get in the water but man! As soon as you dived in it was so much sea life and amazing coral bommies. Finally my no.1 bucket list dream for the trip came true - swimming with a sea turtle ✅ it was amazing to just watch it and how it investigated coral and held on using its flippers whilst digging out seaweed to eat.

    Turquoise Bay was top of my list to visit and turned out a little less abundant with coral & fish but wow that beach was a stunner 😍 Right next door, basically on the same beach around the point was Drift Bay and that made up for it. Fish and coral everywhere and you didn’t even have to swim. As the name suggests, just hop in and the current does the work.
    Read more