Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Friday in Tokyo

    March 31, 2023 in Japan ⋅ ☁️ 63 °F

    Up at a late 4:30 a.m. Everyone showered and clean and out by 7:30 to attempt the boats again. Many things we want to see don’t open until 11 so it’s a good activity for the morning. Kyrie and I took the boat out and Greg was kind enough to take pics from the land. Contrary to Kyrie’s opinion, I didn’t come close to hitting anything and we made it back with one minute to spare.

    Afterwards we ventured out to Alice on Wednesday and Kiddy Land to store. Everyone is dragging a little bit so we didn’t stay long. The crowds are overwhelming. But Kyrie found the Magolor Kirby plush she was on the hunt for.

    Kyrie and Greg hit the grocery for supplies. We relaxed for the latter half of the afternoon in perpetration for visiting the illuminations at Shinjuku Park. Unfortunately Kyrie stumbled on the subway steps and twisted her ankle. All of us went back to the hotel. After discussing it, Kyrie insisted we go ahead without her. We did…but the line into the park ran the entire perimeter of the park and by 8:40 we gave up and headed back. It was the longest line I’d ever seen. We will try for the illuminations another day. Personally I’m proud I stayed awake this long.
    Read more