Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Heading home

    January 27 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 77 °F

    Quick recap of what I forgot in 12 hours-there was an ice carving demonstration. He made a swan. Saw the shore last night “Beatles: Abbey Road” then dinner at the sit down restaurant Taste. Packing wasn’t bad.

    Mom woke up early and we headed out around 7. In the atrium I asked about disembarkation and even though the first group (us) wasn’t scheduled to leave until 8:15, they were already letting people off the ship. So we queued up, got through immigration and into the shuttle bus without trouble. People followed the rules and acted like adults this time.

    The airport was a mess…we got through everything and to our gate at 10:30….

    Ok, WTH SouthWest?!?! Free for all seating!? People can’t hardly deal with being assigned a seat so you think it’s easier to just shove everyone on and hope for the best? It’s the flipping Wild West up in here! Urrgh!

    Ok ok, I’m calm (-ish) now. The steward on our second leg was hilarious and we got to move up to the front of the plane. Silly me forgot that Nashville is on central time and ran halfway across the airport to get to the gate be 4:10pm. After a weird look the gate agent reminded me of the time change. I’m very embarrassed, but we didn’t miss anything!!

    Aaaaaand we are in Myrtle @ 6:51!
    Read more