Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    I Wasn't Born to Follow

    August 1, 2018 in England ⋅ ⛅ 19 °C

    Yesterday was Leamington on Spa. Leamington Spa is a town in central England. Set on the winding River Leam, it’s known for its Regency architecture and broad boulevards. The colonnaded Royal Pump Rooms, a 19th-century bathhouse, now houses the Leamington Spa Art Gallery and Museum. It includes a local history gallery and an original hammam, or cooling room. Jephson Gardens is a park with formal flowerbeds and a glasshouse for tropical plants.

    It was a brilliant day out. And the weather was warm. Tabby, Ritchie,Tania,Audrey,Ollie and I set off to do some shopping and have a morning tea at Rosies. Rosie’s is an old English tea shop which sells over one hundred different teas from around the world. They serve a magnificent high tea with China cups, leaf tea and fresh sandwiches and home baked cakes. We opted for a Ploughmans lunch with English cheeses,ham off the bone and pork pie with mustard. It was delicious. Then it was time for a little retail therapy. I purchased yet another camera and Tabby added a few nice coloured tops to her collection. Audrey and Oliver were give £10 each to spend in the toy shop and they had fun choosing a new toy each. Tania purchased some new trendy hair bands and the shopping was complete. My feet were killing me as we had been walking for at least three hours.

    Last night we were invited to a small reunion of Tabbys theatre friends from YOG. It was great to put faces to people I had heard about over the years and who had been a big part of Tabbys life in the six years she lived in England. They have been close all these years like a surrogate family to Tabby. It was a warm night and Audrey even went into the spa at ten pm. This is England,no one swims outside at ten pm. I love it that the weather is so good for travelling. I enjoyed the evening and once again,hit the sack when I got home. Our days are full and happy. The best holidays are made up of friends, family and having fun. Goodnight diary.
    Read more