Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 21

    More than one way home

    August 16, 2018 in England ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    Sam and Ritchie are off to Cornwall today but not before we have our last pancakes cooked by Ritchie. He has been so wonderful with the kids and I don’t think they will ever forget his pancakes. We spend a quiet morning at home with the Hunt-Kings and our last meal with them was a delicious cheese board,with olives pickles French sticks, chicken nibbles and three tasty cheeses. Then it was off to Cornwall for them in their campervan.

    The good news of the day was that Tania had passed her entrance exams to university which was an excuse to celebrate. This family is a tight knit family,they are respectful.fun and caring. Tabby has known Ritchie and Sam for over twenty five years and they are as tight now as they ever were. They have put themselves out to make us welcome,shared their home,food and their time , to make sure we have a good time. Everyone should have friends like the Hunt-Kings.

    In the afternoon we had been invited to afternoon tea at Katie’s mums house. Sue and Ben are another couple who when Tabby lived in England at eighteen,took her in and made sure she was ok. Tabby had left home and had been ejected from her cousins home for having a party while they were away. I think Tabby did the wrong thing by using their home for a party,but she was young and maybe immature. Her friends made sure she was ok,and the mums from Yog kept a protective eye on her. I will never know all the stories of this time and perhaps it’s a good thing that they stay with her. But she has turned out to be a strong woman and I am proud of her.

    So back to the morning tea,it was old home week,talking about friends we knew and had in common. I wish Keith had been there he would have loved the banter. We spent a couple of hours there and then home to feed the kids and for Tabby to get ready to go out. She is taking Jarrod,Tania,Kyra and Jarrods girlfriend out for dinner tonight as a thank you to Ritchie and Sam. The kids and I are staying in with me. We are watching Jungle book and playing Rapidoe. I have the flu again.....bummer so by nine thirty we were in bed in the attic room. Goodnight diary.
    Read more