Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Home to Tokyo

    June 16, 2017 in Japan ⋅ ☀️ 19 °C

    What a long day. Up at six to get to the Gold Coast airport. Didn't take long to get through customs then a two hour wait to get on the plane.
    Had a look in duty free and before we knew it they were calling last passengers before the gate closes to Narita.
    Muffin was good on the plane and watched a few movies, Hidden Figures and Emo the musical. Listened to some music and then watched Percy Jackson again.
    We were running early then they said due to bad weather we would have to wait in a holding pattern.
    Finally landed then had another 30 minute wait before getting off the plane.
    Arrived at terminal three and queued for customs 🛃 45 minutes.
    Walked to terminal two and Blair remembered the vending machines. Bought a simple card and went downstairs to get our Suika cards 🎴. Asked about Narita express but that was a different ticket.
    Tried to activate sim card 💳 but needed wifi and it was dodgy on platform.
    Got on Rapid train at 9:17 and sim finally started working on the way. Sue skyped us directions. Changed to Maranuchi line at Tokyo and finally booked in to hotel around 11:00 pm
    Room is fine. Dropped luggage and headed out for something to eat.
    Lots of options but the first few we try are closing or closed. So got some sushi at familymart. Blair had caviar in his and did not enjoy it, so ended up at Maccas across the road.
    Back to the room after and off to sleep around 12.
    Read more