Satellite
Show on map
  • Copenhagen and cruise - day 38

    May 19, 2019 in Denmark ⋅ 🌙 15 °C

    So after our tiring day yesterday, neither of us woke up early or had much inclination to get moving when we did. We had breakfast at the hotel, and then abandoned the idea of hiring bikes as we only have 2 hours by that stage. So we walked into the town again, might have shopped at Uniqlo and a jacket shop next to it and walked back again. At that stage I realised that I had left my cap and sunglasses behind, so I went for another walk to retrieve them while Jody chilled out. Then we caught a taxi to the port. There was a marathon on in town so we were advised not to take public transport, and we were very pleased we didn’t. There was a set price for the taxi which was great cos it took us a really long time as we went through the marathon runners about 4 times.

    The check into our cruise was very uneventful and didn’t take long. We put our bags on the conveyor bag, and expected them to arrive at some stage. Of course mine arrived but Jody’s didn’t. We both bought Victorinox knives at the factory, and both had them in those bags. Jody’s must have shown up while mine didn’t. So she had to go to security to get hers released, but they let her keep the knife which was good.

    Our cabin is super awesome. It feels so large after Nico and lovely having some decent chairs to sit on. We also have a balcony with a recliner chair. When we arrived, there was a double bed in here, but we asked for it to be separated. Then of course we moved it a bit further, so not sure what they will think of when they service the room in the morning and the beds are at opposite ends with a screen pulled between them. We had a nice spa before dinner at the buffet, and then investigated the ship finding lots of areas for entertainment. We also went to the live show which had a couple who did things with their hands in front of a big screen so the images looked like various dogs, rabbits, American presidents and entertainers. It was very good and very interesting. We also went to a quiz on songs which was a lot of fun and met some Australians who had just finished another cruise which went from Sydney to London and took 6 weeks. The centre of the ship has a space that goes up through the middle, so the entertainers on the 4th floor can be seen and heard on the 12th floor. The elevators go up that space as well. We have heard some great music so far – oh and an acoustic guitarist who was brilliant. So more entertainment that the other cruise that I was on by far. There are several different restaurants that you have to pay to go to, but there is always something open that you can get something to eat from – not sure that is a good thing at all!

    Tomorrow we have a day at sea, but we should be able to find a few things to do. There are table tennis tables, and a mini put golf course as well as a gym and the pool.
    Read more