Satelita
Pokaż na mapie
  • Dzień 13

    Day 12 Paris

    11 września 2023, Francja ⋅ ☁️ 21 °C

    We both felt a bit jaded this morning after the heat of yesterday. Trish decided she would like to go to the Louvre which I was fine to miss as I have been before. But she had difficulty buying tickets online. So we both walked to the info centre where she bought a ticket and we got train tickets for the next 3 days. We also stopped at a shop and Trisha bought a nice lightweight dress. As we had the free train tickets I went with Trish on her first big excursion on her own and saw her safely to the ticket line. Then I went back to our hotel and had a nice few hours tidying up and reading a book.

    When she returned (under her own steam and using the trains) it was starting to get really hot again. So we had a bit of a chat, I disappeared to the supermarket which is the next shop to the entrance of our hotel, nice and convenient and we got pastries from there for breakfast. Everything is pretty expensive though so it would be nice to go to a large supermarket to compare the prices. Bag of chips was 4.5 euros, so about $8, yummy tho!

    Then it was time to head off to Moulin Rouge. The trains are so easy to get around, we had one change to get there and were there so early that we sat outside for a while people watching.

    So wearing a bra is really optional in Paris, and negligees with jeans is a popular option as well.

    We were one of the first to be seated for MR, which meant over an hour before the show. There were singers for entertainment and lots of people were up dancing to that. Then we had the show which was pretty spectacular. The costumes were amazing. There were 2 different strong men acts whose balance was amazing, and also a couple roller skating on a small circular platform. It was interesting in each act that some of the ladies had their boobs out while others didn’t. We both thought it would have been all out or none. The singers were really good too.

    We were out before 11, and with the 2 trains were back at hotel by 11.30. That is a pretty late night for us!

    14,753 steps and slightly cooler at 31 degrees
    Czytaj więcej