Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Coco Bongo

    February 23 in Mexico ⋅ ☀️ 26 °C

    So, this morning was another life admin morning. Rising at around 9am I had to do some laundry and we also did a grocery shop. We established common ground on groceries to buy which will serve us well for the rest of the trip! What didn't go so well was the laundry as after 45 minutes on the dryer almost all of our clothes were still wet (too scared to up the temperature and shrink them), so our bunks became a makeshift clothes maiden.

    After then sorting out some banking related items and a pub to watch Everton tomorrow we were then set for the day ahead.

    For the price of $35USD we were off to Coco Bongo!!! Which can only be described as a spiritual experience.

    We started off with an hour of bible study, on this occasion being excerpts from the gospel of John. Next up was hymn practice with songs such as 'our God is a great big God' and 'here I am Lord'. The time was flying by but we still managed to finish with some individual reflections and a confession.

    We were offered wine but of course we would never drink alcohol before 6pm so refused and stuck to soft drinks only.

    After this we took a jam packed bus back to the hostel for a few games of pool, basketball and table tennis in which we may have consumed alcoholic beverages (unconfirmed reports).

    A very wholesome and tame day if you ask me! There were definitely no free bars, foam parties, dancing dwarfs or rasping techno music.

    Good night 🙏👼😴
    Read more