Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Ljubljana

    June 5, 2018 in Slovenia ⋅ ⛅ 16 °C

    A quick 60 minute bus ride from Bled to Ljubljana, for a measly €6, we arrived. A taxi fare to our next Air bnb lands us right on the river next to the old town centre. Viktor our host is not around so we quickly settle into the restaurant next door. Viktor arrives around midday, so we drop our bags and let him continue with his day. ( Poor Viktor, the bnb was his ex wife’s idea, and his thoughts on refugees well let’s say he would be happy to kick them out alongside all the current political parties).

    We enjoy a late lunch at Pri Skofja, €9 for 3 courses - best deal we have had. It starts to rain and then even hail, so we shelter in the bnb and all have a snooze.

    Time to venture out, we wander around the old town, finally finding a bar with a few locals. Beers are cheap, the red wine is drinkable, so we settle in. We met a few of the locals, firstly Cyrus the mad Irishman from Belfast who enjoys cracking his long whip. Then Anton the Russian who runs a hotel. Well that’s where we end up drinking for free. I head home, while Ben gets a free room for the night and Suzie goes on to enjoy some of the local bars. Another down, another local spot, gotta love it.
    Read more