Satellite
Show on map
  • Medical matters

    November 10, 2017 in France ⋅ ☀️ 13 °C

    The delivery driver unloads the new, 100kg fireplace leaving it outside the front door , refusing to wheel it 5 metres further along the concrete floor of the house because that would be installation and he doesn't do that whatever the invoice says ( it includes installation) and he leaves us with a gallic shrug to carry it ourselves.

    F was wearing her working clothes, chinese pyjamas; which together with a collection of ornaments from the local Chinese 2 dollar shop, reassure her clients about the authenticity of her practice. She has a clinic in which she practices Bo-chi, a form of Chinese Medicine similar to Reiki or shiatsu. It took many years study under the direction of Dr Shen Honxun, (now deceased,) for her to get her diploma so this is not a fly-by-night operation but one requiring skill and experience.
    Now the funny thing is, she is established as a proper company, recognised (and taxed by the French government,) but the practice of Chinese Medicine is outlawed here; although even the pharmacy provides plastic bags printed with a lotus flower and instructions for how it is used in Chinese Medicine!

    It all started with the Vichy government, who established the "Ordre des Medecines" with the help of local industries principally involved in chemical production and pharmaceuticals. The Ordre is financially very secure, receiving cash from corporations as well as generous donations from those who wish to practice medicine and who do not rock the boat. The Vichy government decreed that only members of the Ordre could practice medicine in France; something that persists to this day. An example of who rocked the boat most recently is Prof Joyeaux.

    One example of the result of this close liaison between government, industry and a closed shop is that babies are given 12 vaccinations at the same time after birth. Another is that, in order to teach in public, the teacher must provide copies of up-to-date vaccination certificates.

    F thinks vaccinations are good, but at the same time is concerned about the increasing levels of non-essential ingredients that are being added for the sole purpose of increasing profits. Since the ingredient labelling laws on products do not include vaccines, it is hard to know the truth of this. (This is when I really miss professor Google!)

    Meanwhile, I have been checking and measuring the house and its apertures for windowsills. There is only about 10mm space available on the inside so I fear it will be impossible to provide a proper slope for run-off. Only two of the frames, some wood and some aluminium, have been installed parallel to the wall; some fancy and time consuming cutting will be needed when the time comes. I also noticed that three of the double-glazed, metal windows have been installed with internal stresses, resulting in cracked panes.
    Read more