Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 222

    Silent Sentry

    June 6, 2019 in Italy ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    Which is more frightening; the bishop on the staircase or the devils by the window?
    Legend of the White Lady:
    The wife of one Count, Henry IV, had rather a nasty streak in her. Countess Catherine had seven Great Danes she had trained to savage people on command. One dark and stormy night a messenger carrying gold to a nearby castle got caught out in the storm and sought safety in Gorizia castle. The Countess welcomed him and offered hospitality: and the next day set the dogs on him. Whilst the curs slavered, she took the loot to the subterranean cellar to add to her considerable hoard. A servant saw this happening and wanted in on the action. So he crept downstairs after her and suddenly slayed her with a sword.
    Unfortunately, the moment the vassel wacked her, all the treasure vanished.
    Now every 7 years the ghost of the White Lady, Catherine, appears with long, flowing hair and a light white robe - and 7 howling hounds - to float through the rooms and along the castle walls making sure her treasures are safe.
    Now the good news is that if you see her and ask where the cash is cached, not only will you be given the entire amount but you will also free her spirit so she can rest in peace.
    Read more