Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Kayseri to Antalya by air

    April 24, 2022 in Turkey ⋅ ☀️ 19 °C

    It was sad to leave Göreme this morning as it is so beautiful and there is so much to explore and see. It was lovely to once again experience the glorious sight of the hot air balloons as we left the region and headed 1 hour to Kayseri to cat h a plane to Antalya. With a population of about 1M, Kayseri is a smaller inland town with a small but fairly efficient airport, shared with some of the country’s military aircraft. We have discovered that domestic travel is quite well organized and reasonable within Turkey - and you can expect to get fed - at least a sandwich and a drink - on a 1 hour flight!

    We happily landed in Antalya and felt the Mediterranean vibe right away! Much warmer here - we were happy to feel some summer weather! Ollie was happy to discover the hotel room and to buy some snacks at BIM (like Aldi) and chill out. I found some terrific chill time in the hotel’s hammam and spa! Here I spent time in the sauna, the lovely hammam, had the week of dust and travel scrubbed off of me before being treated to what could be best described as a WWF massage! I slept well ;)
    Read more