Satellite
  • Day 7

    Ill and rest days

    March 22, 2018 in Vietnam ⋅ ⛅ 33 °C

    We slept in a bit longer than normal as I was feeling very ill. I was beginning to get the flu, my body agonised when I moved it and my throat was completely swollen so we had a very slow morning and went for brunch to the small stall downstairs. The food was so yummy but unfortunately I wasn't able to enjoy it so much and had to head back to bed. To be honest I just led in bed all day as I just couldn't move. It was a shame but hey these things happen! While I was resting Will went out for a wander and read his book.

    I was soo glad to be in a homestay as when we went down for dinner my homestay mum truly looked after me giving me lots of yummy dinner and home remedies and teas.

    The next day I was feeling a bit better so after breakfast we wandered to the river and walked along until we got to the botanical garden and zoo. It was very very cheap to get in and part of me wished they had charged more. I suppose it would be OK if you had little kids... and in need of something to do in a city but honestly the zoo was quite sad. The animals had little to no room to roam around. The birds had more room than than the tigers! The botanical garden was a very very tiny part of the site, but ah well it was something to do in our last day IN HCMC. We then headed to the famous chocolatier, Marou, that supposedly do an incredible hot chocolate. Having tested I'd say the chocolate is very good, but the hot chocolate was neither hot nor thick enough for my liking. We ended the day with our usual yummy dinner with the family.
    Read more