Satellite
  • Day 39

    Exploring Om Beach and Gokarna Town

    December 27, 2018 in India ⋅ ⛅ 31 °C

    After two days of chilling we decided it's time to see more of Gokarna than Kudle beach, so Will Charlotte and I met up and headed over towards Om Beach to do some exploring, bird watching, reading and swimming. We saw Green Bee Eaters and Brahminy Kites along the way. When at Om Beach we met Grace who we had originally met on Kudle Beach when we arrived and we decided to hang out there until late.

    The next day Grace, Will and I went to explore the town. The day was full packed with exploring, getting out day pack fixed, looking at trinkets and clothes, having a laugh with the locals, finally eating affordable food, finally catching up on my blog and most of all getting our Airtel Sim card fixed. Since buying it in Mumbai it hasn't worked so Will has been contacting them through every means possible to get the problem rectified. Guess how he got it sorted in the end? He contacted a random Mall in Mumbai, not where we bought it, who happened to have the direct contact number of the Manager of the Mall that we bought it from. She then conference called everyone together and eventually was able to get us in touch directly with the same airtel store we bought the SIM card in!! Honestly the whole thing was ridiculous!!! Anyway we got it sorted just in time for our old Sim expiration. Phew!

    I think my highlight of the day was when we went to the hammock shop. He was making a blue and purple hammock as we approached and I fell in love so we got one! Well you can't say no when it's only £2! Can't wait to put it up in our flat 😂

    After picking up a few beers from the wine shop we sat at the beach and enjoyed some peace and quiet from the town.

    In the evening we went for dinner at a rooftop near the beach which had a beautiful view of sunset. The main dishes were really yummy but the naans and breads were super disappointing! When we finished we wandered back in the dark which was actually quite fun! For the first time we could see the stars quite clearly and it was so romantic hearing the crashing of the waves with the stars above.
    Read more