Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 41

    Willy P and Shahna On A Beach Adventure

    December 29, 2018 in India ⋅ ☀️ 31 °C

    Today we were determined to conquer the beaches of Gokarna! So starting from Kudle beach we wandered over to Om Beach and went to meet Grace. We had a little dip in the sea but felt our skin prickle so quickly got out and sat chatting with Grace for a bit.

    Next we wandered to Half Moon Beach where we stopped for lunch. I had fruit, muesli and yoghurt with a yummy coconut shake and Will had an amazing and huge Thali with a banana shake.

    It was now the hottest part of the day and we decided to carry on our wander along to the next beach, paradise beach. I was instantly dripping with sweat and very much looking forward to getting to the next one so I could jump in the sea. We soon arrived and quickly got in. Initially it was very refreshing until a boat came into the Bay and the water very quickly stank and tasted of diesel, so we had to get out. It was far to hot to sit and chill so we just kept hiking.

    We finally got to the end of the hike at Belekan Beach where we spotted tiny fiddler crabs. They were amazing!! They have one huge claw and a small one and they were battling! It was hilarious to watch. We waited for about an hour for the local bus. The bus was actually really fun because it took us through the small villages and was full of really friendly smiley locals.

    We got dropped off in Gokarna Town centre had a sneaky ice cream and then we had our last 30 mins of hiking to get home. As we'd had a full on day we had a cheeky aubergine pizza, chips and salad for dinner 😂 Yum!!
    Read more